PV battery module 2.56 kWh BYD Premium HVS
- 1 995,00 €
Energy storage battery module 2.56 kWh for solar power systems. The energy storage consists of 2-5 HVS modules + BCU control unit. Operating voltage 160-600V. Compatible with Kostal, Fronius and Kaco hybrid inverters.
BYD Battery Box Premium HVS high-voltage batteries are suitable for ON-Grid solar power plants and various backup power solutions for high-quality energy storage. Now you can professionally store the energy produced by the solar panels in the BYD battery system and utilize all the energy produced for your own use. If desired, the system automatically works as a 3-phase backup power plant during a power outage based on the OFF-Grid principle, and you can safely use all electrical appliances in the home even during a power outage.
Due to their scalability, BYD Battery Boxes are a functional solution for private houses as well as for larger industrial and commercial applications. The system makes it possible to increase and manage the home's energy self-sufficiency in a high-quality, yet simple way.
Energy storage components
The Battery Box Premium HVS energy storage consists of 2–5 2.56 kWh / 102.4 V HVS battery modules connected in series, as well as a control unit and a mounting platform. The usage capacity of one energy storage box is 5.1–12.8 kWh. The energy storage has a modular structure and can be expanded larger in separate 2.56 kWh modules. The energy storage can thus be increased later as needed by adding individual HVS modules to the box, as well as by expanding the energy storage to its peak with parallel HVS stacks. The maximum capacity of the HVS system of 38.4kWh is achieved by connecting three identical Battery Box Premium HVS 12.8kWh module stacks in parallel.
The best aspects of the HVS Battery Box
- High voltage (high power) is suitable for ON-Grid solar power plants and backup power solutions
- HVS batteries have high efficiency thanks to the high voltage connection
- The battery can be expanded by adding overlapping HVS modules and parallel stacks
- Easy-to-use and flexible solution thanks to the patented Plug in design (no internal wiring required)
- Easy to install, thanks to the floor installation, the installation and commissioning processes are easy and quick
- The cobalt-free LFP (Lithium Iron Phosphate) battery is safe, long-lasting and efficient
- Compatible with leading 1-phase and 3-phase inverter brands, such as Fronius, SMA, Kostal, GoodWe, Sungrow and Kaco hybrid inverters. Check compatibility with the inverter manufacturer
- Meets high quality and safety standards, such as VDE 2510-50
- Operating temperature: -10°C to +50°C
- Battery cell technology: Lithium iron phosphate (cobalt-free)
- Information buses: CAN / RS485
- Enclosure protection rating: IP55
- Round trip efficiency: ≥ 96%
- Certificates: VDE2510-50 / IEC62619 / CEC / CE / UN38.3
- Applications: ON Grid / ON Grid + Backup / OFF Grid
- Warranty: 10 years
- Compatible inverters: for example Fronius, SMA, Kostal, GoodWe, Sungrow and Kaco hybrid inverters.
- Attention: Check the compatibility with the inverter manufacturer
BYD Battery Box Premium batteries are compatible, for example, with Fronius' Symo GEN24 Plus hybrid inverters that support smart solar battery systems. You can monitor and manage energy production and consumption even more versatile with mobile devices by additionally installing a Fronius Smart Meter energy meter in the electrical system. By connecting the BYD Battery Box to other home systems, such as heat production or electric car charging, it is possible to achieve really high levels of electricity self-consumption and self-sufficiency.
The modular structure of the BYD B-Box energy storage makes it easier to assemble, move and increase energy storage of different sizes as needed. With a parallel connection in one system, it is possible to use three batteries at the same time and it is suitable for both 1- and 3-phase systems. By installing, for example, an Enwitec network isolation center compatible with Fronius inverters in the home's electrical network, you can also safely use the energy storage on the OFF-Grid principle during power outages. Normally, in the event of a power outage, for example, the own solar power plant must be switched off, so that no power is accidentally supplied to the general power grid during maintenance work on the grid. Thanks to the BYD Battery Box energy storage system, this risk cannot arise and you can use the stored electrical energy for home electrical appliances without worry even during a power outage.
HVS vs HVM - The voltages of the modules are different
The more efficient HVS modules have a nominal voltage of 102.4 V per module, whereas HVM modules have a nominal voltage of 51.2 V per module. On the other hand, the capacity of the HVM can be increased very widely, up to 22.1 kWh x 3 = 66.2 kWh. Different voltages affect the charging and discharging power of batteries. This allows you to choose the most suitable battery system for the purpose of the two options. However, the modules cannot be mixed with each other, so please follow the manufacturer's installation and assembly instructions exactly.
* Please make sure that the frequency converter you use always has the latest software update installed, so that the frequency converter and battery storage function correctly and optimally.